What You Need to Know Before Straightening Your Hair
Have you ever asked yourself if you would be happier with straighter hair or should you just be content with what you have? If you are passionate about having smooth, straight silky hair then this article is a must-read for you. Owning a plethora of hair straightening tools was a first world problem I used to have; it was difficult to decide which tool was right for my hair type. Straightening your own hair is an art in itself; I spent every morning in the bathroom trying to fight the stubborn waves in my hair but you don’t have to go through the same tedious process. Let me iron out the kinks for you:
DO THIS AT HOME:
- DO invest in a good flat iron. Something that has adjustable temperature settings is a good option so you don’t end up burning off your hair as I did.
- DO check the quality of your hair and adjust the temperature accordingly. Exposing your hair to excessive heat only damages them and makes them frizzy.
- DO invest in heat protectant spray. Heat protectant sprays are similar to hair tonics and hairstyling creams – they prevent hair from potential damage. Apply the heat protectant spray on your hair before running the iron over it for best results.
- DO wait for your hair to cool down after each session instead of going over it too vigorously with a flat iron over and over again. This allows your cuticles to cool down as your hair cools at the same time, so they don’t turn frizzy when exposed to humidity.
- DO regularly clean your flat iron and other heatstyling hair tools. It is critical that you do to avoid derma logical issues. Use a cloth with rubbing alcohol on it to wipe the flat iron’s surface clean.
DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME:
- DON’T straighten your hair every day, even if you feel that compulsion – try your best to resist it. Opt for heatless hairstyles.
- DON’T Straighten your hair in random fistfuls. The iron won’t be able to get to sections that are too thick. Create sections so you can track your progress.
- DON’T Use a flat iron on wet hair as it can damage your hair quality, affect your scalp and even cause hair loss.
- DON’T If your hair has a sizzling sound when you use the flat iron – back off. You are burning your hair Always wait until your hair dries completely before using the flat iron.
You should always opt for better hair care routine as exposing our hair to heat damages them, and since we can’t live without doing the above, it must be our responsibility to prevent the damage to our hair. Elysyle Tricho Care offers a wide range of hair care products that can help you regain your healthy mane that you once had.