Causes of Hair Loss and Best Treatments for This
If your hair is falling out, don’t freak out. Men may experience hair loss more often compared to women but it affects both sexes and it is equally demoralising. There are many reasons for hair loss and causes can range from simple and temporary to complex issues like an underlying health concern. Thankfully, there are also many ways to treat hair loss in both men and women.
Here are some reasons for hair loss that are common in men and women such as:
- Excessive stress
- Genetic conditions
- Unhealthy diet
- Medication (including those for arthritis, high blood pressure and heart problems)
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Low immunity
Other causes specific to women only that contribute to hair fall and loss include:
- Birth control pills
- Change in your hormone levels
- Leaving your hair tied too tightly in a bun, braid or ponytail for long periods of time
Treatments of Hair Loss
If you find yourself at a loss for your hair (pun intended), then the first step to treat hair loss is self care.
- Start by changing your lifestyle to minimise stressful events.
- Follow up with a balanced and healthy diet to include the required proteins, vitamins, and other nutritional elements.
- Avoid using shampoos and conditioners that contain harmful chemicals as they can thin your hair and make it lose its shine.
- Protect your hair from direct sunlight and ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Avoid excessive use of heat styling tools to curl and/or straighten your hair.
If the state of your hair loss reaches an extreme stage, you may want to consult a doctor and find out what other treatments that are suitable for you. There have been cases where people consider hair transplant surgery when facing permanent hair loss. This is a costly procedure and may pose its own risks. Laser therapy is also another known treatment today for permanent hair loss. If a woman is facing hair loss due to fluctuating hormone levels, hormone therapy can be considered.
Hair loss can be quite common in many people, but it can take a toll on a person’s confidence. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to help encourage and strengthen regrowth. One of the ways include the Elysyle Tricho Care Hair Tonic, which is a unique hair fall treatment that doubles up as a prevention from thinning hair and itchy scalp, and can also be used as an anti-dandruff tonic.