Keep Tabs on Your Feminine Hygiene
Vaginas are great. In fact, they are so great that GOOP literally sold a candle called “This Smells Like My Vagina” at US$75 (RM 314.25)! So yeah, it’s certainly worth noting over and over again that vaginas are not gross. What is gross is the variety of soaps, sprays and wipes that try to convince you that your vagina is smelly and ugly. Hello, it is not!
If there’s one thing you should know about your vagina, it is that one body part that cleans itself. It thrives perfectly well on its own. Despite its self-regulating abilities, there are some things you can do to make sure you feel fresh and healthy.
Keep your vagina clean and healthy
Your vagina is a sensitive area and maintaining good hygiene is incredibly simple. Proper vaginal hygiene is extremely important for a woman’s health. It doesn’t matter if you’re of the reproductive age, keeping the vulva clean the correct way can make a huge difference when it comes to vaginal infections.
What you should remember about vaginal hygiene is maintaining its pH. A normal vaginal pH tends to be slightly acidic but when this is thrown off-balance, women can start to experience symptoms of infections. These symptoms might include irritation, itchiness, and pain. Some women are even more prone to vaginal changes, especially during pregnancy.
The pH can be altered by any foreign substance that has been introduced into your vagina. So you might want to think twice about what enters your vagina to avoid disrupting its natural and protective environment. At the same time, don’t just pay attention to the vagina itself. Remember to give the surrounding external area some attention and care.
Vaginal dos and don’ts
Do you ever wonder if your vagina smells normal? Are you concerned about odours and infections? Female hygiene is definitely not rocket science but it is something that we girls should keep in mind. Here are some tips on feminine hygiene health:
- Keep the vagina clean and dry – Choose cotton fabrics as it is a breathable material and it keeps your skin cool and dry.
- Avoid douching – Your vagina knows how to take care of itself by self-cleaning and naturally producing some discharge to get rid of germs and bacteria.
- Eat right, eat well – Maintaining a healthy diet can do you a lot of good so take foods like yogurt with live cultures to promote vaginal health.
- Use fresh towels – Wash and replace the towels and washcloths after you use them as reusing them can potentially put you at risk for an infection.
- Practise safe sex – Sexual intercourse is a healthy activity and you can continue to preserve it by washing yourself thoroughly with warm water after that.
- Stay clean – Change sanitary pads and tampons regularly during your period and if you wear panty liners, change them frequently as well.
Choose the right vaginal products
Choosing the right feminine hygiene product for you can be difficult especially if you’re starting your period for the first time. There are so many options to wrap your head around, from the differences in shapes, sizes, and absorbency levels. Look no further than Intimo Sanitary Pad and the Feminine Hygiene Wash by Elken.
The Intimo Sanitary Pad the first 3-in-1 germ-proof sanitary pad with a tri-technology system that ensures your intimate hygiene and provides extra feminine care. Intimo is made from ultra-soft 100% cotton from USA and infused with bamboo essence and an exclusive herbal blend to prevent infection and irritation.
The bamboo charcoal fibre in the sanitary pad provides protection against bacteria, moisture, and odour. Intimo also comes with a Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP), a sterilised protective layer that prevents leakage and promotes stronger fluid absorption and retention. An anti-leak breathable bottom layer provides a light, airy, and dry feeling.
Does your menstruation give you an irritating sensation? Clean yourself thoroughly with the Feminine Hygiene Wash by Elken. The wash contains lactic acid to maintain optimal vaginal pH and bioecolia that inhibits undesirable bacterial growth.
Take charge of your personal and feminine hygiene. Choose the feminine products that work best for your lifestyle. Choose Elken.